Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving: The Most Delicious Holiday Since Halloween!

Grandma's Lovely Table Set for Fifteen
 I'm thankful for so many things this year.  This Thanksgiving I thought a lot about some of my favorite things that begin with the letter F and here's what I came up with: family, friends, flowers, faith, fun and feasts.  I don't have any photos of my family or friends, but I've got a few I took from the day that capture the delicious part of Thanksgiving!
 I'm pretty used to folks saying, "well what do you eat on Thanksgiving if you don't have turkey?"  Here's my answer!  I had a feast - Candied Carrots, Blackened Rice with Portabello Mushrooms, Sweet Potatoes, Three Bean Salad, Stuffed Squash, Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy.  Somehow my gluten free dinner roll didn't make it into the photo, but I enjoyed it with a little bit of earth balance.
Who says gluten free vegans don't know how to feast?

Beautiful flowers


There's an incredible flower shop in town, Glimpse of Gaia, that I turned to for our centerpiece.  It's the first time I've ever gotten flowers there and I absolutely adore the arrangement.  Stephanie makes the most gorgeous arrangements-check out those thistles!  Breathtaking! 

















Lastly, dessert.  I generally provide desserts for family functions, movie nights, Oscar-viewing parties, etc.  I wanted to make something quick (because sometimes I'm lazy!) but also delicious.  I opted for cookies and ice cream cake.  It's vegan and gluten free and was super fast thanks to coconut milk ice cream at the grocery store!
Ice Cream Cake: Always a good idea

I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with love, laughter and loads of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment