Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cooking My Way to Normal

I've had a rough past two weeks.  Sort of a rough year, really.  Lots of amazing things happened in 2011, though!  But honestly, food has been a wonderful constant throughout the year.  Food, family and friends.  Best things a person can have.
Seasonal Measuring Spoons
So back to food, (writing about my family & friends would take up several volumes of encyclopedias-24+ first cousins plus their children, not to mention aunts, uncles, high school friends, college soul mates, Hollins friends, friends I've made at various jobs....way too much to write), I reunited with my kitchen utensils Friday night when I made Avocado Salad for a potluck.  (Are potlucks strictly an East-Coast thing, I wonder?)  Sunday afternoon I made Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting for my friend Steve's birthday.  Monday was all about Butternut Squash Soup, I devoted yesterday to Vegan Chili and this evening meant experimenting with Rum-Ball inspired Kahlua Cookie Bites.
Chili with Blue Corn Chips
Kahlua Cookie Bites
Life is getting delicious again.



2 comments:

  1. I put the remaining ones in the food processor and used them to make my mysterious Kahlua Cookie Bites. I'll save them for you!

    ReplyDelete